Friday, January 18, 2013

Today I met a real life hero

Today I had the chance to interview one of my (s)heroes, Eleonora Menicucci. She is the Minister of Women's Policy for Brazil. She and Presidenta Dilma Rousseff were revolutionaries together fighting against the dictatorship and when they were both in their 20s they were inprisoned and tortured. They were cell mates in prison and now Dilma is Presidenta and she has appointed Eleaonora as Minister. If you need some inspiration just click here to read more about these incredible women. I am so honored to have this opportunity to meet and speak with them in person.

http://www.thedailybeast.com/articles/2012/04/24/brazil-s-strong-stance-on-women-s-rights.html

And here are pictures of Veronica and I with the Minister (in front of the Presidenta's photo) and pictures of Brazil's beautiful and impressive capitol city Brasilia.









No comments:

Post a Comment